Income Classification: 1st Class Congressional District: 6th District No. of Barangays: 33 Land Area: 81.46 sq. km. Population (NSO, May 1, 2010): 243,322 Registered Voters (COMELEC, January 2016): 138,484
City of General Trias is a first – class component city in the province of Cavite, Philippines. Through Republic Act 10675, a plebiscite was held in December 12, 2015 with majority of its residents voting yes to cityhood, thus converting the municipality into a city, in time for its 267th charter anniversary. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 243,322 people in a land area of 81.46 square kilometers.
Originally named after its Patron Saint, Francis of Assisi, 1181-1226, General Trias was founded in December 13, 1748. The original name of the town was changed to General Trias in honor of Gen. Mariano Trias (1868-1914), by virtue of a law fathered by Emilio P. Virata during his term as representative of Cavite, 1919-1921.
The name Malabon was derived from either Labong (bamboo shoot) or mayabong (luxuriant), referring to the trees and other plants abounding the place. At any rate, the first reference seems to be more probable than the second because General Trias, a noted writer, adopted the “nom de guerre” “Labong”, a word which he often used in his writings and conversations.
The old town of San Francisco de Malabon used to be a big municipality comprising its present area plus Sta. Cruz de Malabon or Malabon el chico (now known as Tanza), and Rosario (formerly known as Tejeros), and often time called by revolutionary named Salinas. This vast area was within the Hacienda de San Francisco owned by the friars but was purchased on June 14, 1788 by Doña Isabel Gomez de Cariaga. Gen. Trias became a city in 2015 through Republic Act. No. 10675.
The City of Gen. Trias is situated at the northern part of the province and is located 14°23′ latitude and 121°53′ longitude. The distance from the Provincial Capitol in Trece Martires City is 18.27 km. and 35 kms. Southwest of Manila. The land shape of General Trias follows the path of its territorial boundaries in the eastern and western section, which is the river. It is bounded in the north by Noveleta; in the northeast by Imus and Kawit; in the east by Dasmariñas; in the southeast by Silang; in the south by Amadeo; in the west by Tanza; Rosario in the northwest and Indang in the southwest.
Cavite was also hailed as one of the Regional Gawad Pamana ng Lahi 2011 Awardee – Provincial Category. Exemplary performance information is drawn from the database of the on-line LGPMS, Seal of Good Housekeeping, International Organization or National Government Agency-bestowed awards and acknowledged innovations.
The First AJA ISO 9001:2015 Certified Provincial Government in the Philippines. ISO 9001:2015 is a set of standards and requirements for the development of a quality management system commonly applied by private corporations and organizations to help ensure that the needs and expectations of customers are adequately and consistently met. These standards also enable organizations to develop mechanisms for continual improvement of products and services.
The good housekeeping seal is given to LGUs that excelled in the areas of planning, budgeting, revenue, mobilization, financial management, budget execution, procurement and resource mobilization. It also recognizes local governments that accord primacy to the principles of transparency and accountability. Recipients of the award also received one million pesos each from the DILG’s Performance Challenge Fund (PCF).
Provincial Government of Cavite Offices and Departments
PDRRMC: (046) 419-
Police Department: (046) 875-
Fire Department: (046) 471-
Address: Provincial Capitol
Building Trece Martires City, Cavite 4109
Cavite Philippines Telephone: +63 46 419-